Hot & Healthy Recipes from all over the World, with their delicious spice and traditional methods to prepare. I love it!

We just knew Anna’s passion for food would make her the perfect addition to our team of volunteer contributors. That passion shines through ...

Get to Know Volunteer Field Editor Anna Miller

We just knew Anna’s passion for food would make her the perfect addition to our team of volunteer contributors. That passion shines through in her delicious down-home recipes. You’ll find her Peach Cobbler Cookies to be a shining example of her creative culinary skills. Anna works hard raising her Iowa farm family and teaching little ones at her local school, while stirring up amazing recipes for Taste of Home. We just know you’re going to love her, too!

Taste of Home: Tell us how your love of home cooking got started.

Anna Miller: Cooking has always been something that I have been drawn to; over the years it has become one of my passions. When I’ve had a long day at work, I’m happy to come home and unwind by cooking a meal or baking some cookies.

TOH: Do you have any particular sources of inspiration?

AM: I love to read Taste of Home magazines and cookbooks to get ideas and inspiration. I also get great ideas from blogs and my favorite cooking shows. It is not uncommon to find me learning about food in my free time. Some favorite family dishes that I learned to cook as a child have no written recipes, so figuring out exact measurements or putting my own twist on them is a fun challenge.

Need inspiration? You can subscribe to Taste of Home like Anna!

TOH: What is your favorite cooking method and why?

AM: My favorite method changes with the seasons. In the summer, we grill quite a bit, but I love to bake a good casserole in the fall. Taking advantage of my slow cooker means a no-fuss supper when I get home from work. I guess I just love them all!

TOH: Do you have an indispensable kitchen gadget?

AM: My KitchenAid mixer—I love its versatility. I mostly use it when mixing up cake batter or cookie dough. It makes kneading bread dough a breeze.

We couldn’t agree more! That’s why we named the KitchenAid stand mixer our favorite.

TOH: What is your favorite recipe to cook for your family?

AM: I love to cook big meals for my family on Sundays. For me, Sundays are a family day. I like to be home with my children catching up from the weekend and getting ready for the week. I like to make comfort food such as lasagna, chicken and noodles, or a beef roast with mashed potatoes. In the summer I will smoke a whole chicken or pork loin.

(Hey Anna, check out these super easy Sunday supper ideas).

TOH: What is your favorite recipe to cook for yourself?

AM: I could not live without pasta. Some favorite recipes that I cook for myself are shrimp scampi or pasta in a vodka cream sauce. Oh, and I can’t forget about homemade macaroni and cheese!

TOH: Do you have any cooks or chefs whom you admire and why?

AM: I absolutely adore The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. I find her recipes and style of food simple and comforting. As a busy mother and the wife of a cattle farmer, I can relate to her. I enjoy watching her show and reading her blog. I read her book about how she met her husband in one day!

Ree Drummond’s comfort food recipes are top notch.

TOH: If you were stuck on a desert island, what would your last meal be?

AM: I hope I am never stuck on a deserted island, but if I ever was I think I would like to be my last meal to be a grilled filet mignon steak, homemade macaroni and cheese, and dinner rolls with cinnamon honey butter. A fresh baked Dutch apple pie would be the perfect dessert.

How about a tropical cocktail, too?

TOH: Who would you love to host at a dinner party?

AM: This is a tough question because I can think of many people, famous or not, to invite for a dinner party. It would be a real treat to have Ree Drummond and her husband over for supper. Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood could come and sing for us. But back to reality, I would really love to have my family for a dinner party. I would not only invite my immediate family, but also aunts, uncles and cousins. I don’t think we get together enough. We always have a lot of fun when we are together!

Think you’d like to join our team of Volunteer Field Editors? Find out what it takes.

Make These 5-Star Recipes from Field Editors
1 / 60

The post Get to Know Volunteer Field Editor Anna Miller appeared first on Taste of Home.



Sue Stetzel