Hot & Healthy Recipes from all over the World, with their delicious spice and traditional methods to prepare. I love it!

These easy Crockpot Brussels Sprouts come out perfectly tender with the most delicious flavor from a combination of Dijon mustard, olive oi...

Slow Cooker Brussel Sprouts

Slow cooker Brussels sprouts in a bowl with Parmesan cheese, lemon, and balsamic glaze.

These easy Crockpot Brussels Sprouts come out perfectly tender with the most delicious flavor from a combination of Dijon mustard, olive oil, and garlic. Then they are finished with balsamic glaze, Parmesan cheese, and fresh lemon juice. 

Brussels sprouts were the bane of my existence growing up. I HATED them. Much like, I'm sure, every other child on the planet. I wished we had a dog to feed them to back then (though, I feel like even dogs wouldn't eat them?). Or a plant to hide them in, or something.

But no, instead I had to eat them with my parents' eagle eyes on me while I cut every sprout into six pieces and washed each piece with a gulp of water like I was swallowing a literal bitter pill.

And, I honestly can't say my parents enjoyed them either, I feel like they just put up with eating them because they were supposed to? I don't know. I suppose it doesn't matter at this point, because, as you probably figured out, I tried them again later in life and they were so. good!

I'm 100% sure it's all in how they are prepared and let me tell you making them in the slow cooker is a killer way to prepare them. You might think they get too soggy but that's not the case at all. Trust me, I'm a veggie snob and can't eat anything remotely soggy. Give these Brussels sprouts a try asap — they're covered in garlic, parmesan, balsamic, and Dijon, that's a can't-lose combo right there!

Crockpot Brussels sprouts in a bowl with balsamic glaze and Parmesan cheese with lemon on the side.

How do you clean Brussels Sprouts?

I don't give cleaning my Brussels sprouts too much work. I typically pour them all in a colander, rinse and give a few shakes, then cut the bottom off of each sprout and then cut them in half, making sure to remove any outer leaves that are wilted or yellowing.

I might cut the sprout into quarters if I encounter a rather large one. You want them to all be roughly the same size cut.

Tips for Crockpot Brussels Sprouts

  • I only use fresh Brussels sprouts in this dish. If you want to try frozen, that's fine but they will be soggy, they're always soggy when they're cooked from frozen.
  • The balsamic glaze is totally optional, but I have found it adds the perfect amount of tart and tang to the sprouts and is balanced out perfectly with the Parm and Dijon. The three of these ingredients together is a winning trifecta!
  • If you don't have freshly grated Parm, you can use grated or the stuff in the shaker can. I prefer freshly shaved but any variety will taste good!
  • These Slow Cooker Brussels Sprouts will last up to 3 days in the fridge. I do not recommend they go in the freezer.

How do you make Balsamic Glaze?

I make a very simple balsamic glaze by simply reducing balsamic vinegar in a saucepan until it gets thick and syrupy. The recipe I follow is:

  • Add as much balsamic as you like into a saucepan (I like to do about 2 cups so I have leftover glaze for other dishes).
  • Turn on the burner heat to about medium.
  • Bring to a gentle boil, then turn the heat down to medium-low. Let the balsamic simmer for a while (up to 30 minutes), until it reduces by about half and gets thicker. (To test for thickness, it should coat the back of a spoon when you lift it out of the vinegar.)
  • Take it off the heat and allow it to cool, then drizzle over cooked Brussels sprouts or any roasted veggie you like.

Recipe ideas for Slow Cooker Brussels Sprouts

  • Add some other veggies that you like into the slow cooker with the sprouts. Some of my favorites include broccoli, cauliflower, and eggplant.
  • I love the combination of cooked veggies on a salad. Add these Brussels sprouts to some salad greens before pouring that amazing Balsamic glaze over the top. Add in any other of your favorite healthy toppings to the salad or maybe some sliced chicken or shrimp to make it a meal!
  • Make the sprouts one of the main ingredients of a veggie taco. Add some chickpeas or other beans along with the Brussels sprouts and wrap in a low-carb wrap or tortilla.
  • These would go really well alongside some fish like tilapia or salmon. Add some mashed cauliflower potatoes for a well-rounded, healthy dinner.
  • For a slightly different taste to these slow cooker sprouts, try adding some lemon juice and oregano alongside the garlic and other ingredients. Finish with the balsamic glaze and some fresh herbs if you like.
  • Add some toasted pine nuts or slivered almonds right before serving for an awesome, nutty texture.

Brussels sprouts that have been slow cooker and topped with Parmesan cheese and balsamic glaze.

More Brussels Sprouts Recipes

Calories 137, Total Fat 6g, Total Carbohydrate 16g, Protein 7g, Serving Size 2/3 cup