Hot & Healthy Recipes from all over the World, with their delicious spice and traditional methods to prepare. I love it!

I love a hearty serving of crispy hash browns with breakfast, but more often than not, my hash browns are missing that elusive crunch on th...

Ina Garten Just Revealed Her Trick for Crispy Hash Browns

I love a hearty serving of crispy hash browns with breakfast, but more often than not, my hash browns are missing that elusive crunch on the exterior. Thankfully, a quick look at the legendary Ina Garten’s Instagram has transformed my hash brown game. She has a secret technique!

What Is Ina’s Secret?

To make hash browns that are crispy on the outside but perfectly creamy on the inside, the Barefoot Contessa advises using a waffle iron. In her Instagram post, she says, “Waffle Iron Hash Browns are the easiest and most delicious hash browns you’ll ever make.”

Ina also points out that using a waffle iron means no grease splatters on the stove! It sounds like a win-win to us.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Ina Garten (@inagarten) on


Don’t miss all of Ina’s best cooking tips!

How to Make Hash Browns in a Waffle Iron

Honestly, it couldn’t be any simpler. Take your go-to recipe for hash browns, grease your waffle iron lavishly with butter, then spread 1/3 cup of your hash brown mix into each of the iron’s quadrants, making sure to spread it evenly.

Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes, until they’re gorgeously brown with crispy edges.

I’m not only thrilled with the results, but this handy hack also gives me an excuse to break out my sorely neglected waffle iron. If you’re serious about your breakfast (or brunch), I can’t recommend Ina’s trick enough.

Loving this unusual way to use your waffle iron? Find more things you can make with a waffle iron.

The post Ina Garten Just Revealed Her Trick for Crispy Hash Browns appeared first on Taste of Home.



Camille Berry